About this Position
Professional Analysis, Inc. (PAI) is seeking a Navy Logistician to provide Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) in support of the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Navy Expeditionary Program Office (NEPO) on the Washington Navy Yard. NEPO is the Navy office responsible for procuring and managing expeditionary vehicles, uniforms, tent camps, and other equipment/material used by the SEABEEs, SEALs and Navy Special Warfare units.
The Logistician will take the lead in developing and implementing acquisition and life cycle logistics support strategies for this equipment which is used in support of expeditionary warfare, amphibious operations, and logistics-over-the-short (LOTS) missions.
Requirements for this position include:
- Demonstrated technical experience supporting a DoD program office
- Familiarity with the Defense Acquisition System and DoD 5000 series guidance
- Past logistics experience with the Navy or Seabees (e.g. with the Naval Construction Force or Amphibious Construction Battalions) extremely desirable
- Level III DAWIA certification in Business - Financial Management
- Prior US Navy, US Marine Corps, or US Coast Guard military experience desired
- Past program office or PEO experience at a Navy or Marine Corps SYSCOM desired
- Former military officer or senior enlisted/non-commissioned officer desired
- Understanding of Planning, Programming, Budget Execution (PPBE) process and POM papers, etc.
- 4 or more years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in logistics preferred
Duties will include acquisition planning and logistics policy development, such as the following:
- Providing logistics subject matter expertise and product support recommendations
- Advising on all acquisition and life-cycle logistics support of program and/or systems
- Reviewing logistics deliverables, such as provisioning data, technical manuals, and maintenance procedures for conformance to policy and procedures
- Reviewing Justification Cost Forms (JCF), System Alteration Records (SARs), Integrated Logistics Support Certifications (ILS Cert), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), and other change documentation
- Providing expert evaluation of logistic product impacts including cost estimates, ensuring all ILS products affected by change documentation are updated and providing logistics product support to the installing activities
- Assisting with the evaluation of training support requirements for new system acquisition
Past logistics experience with the Navy or Seabees (e. g. with the Naval Construction Force or Amphibious Construction Battalions) would be extremely useful. Candidate will work extensively with the expeditionary Navy activities (e.g. Seabees, Naval Beach Groups) as well as with United States Marines and Military Sealift Command to establish proper logistics support for these systems.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]